Cell Authentication Testing Service
STR profiling aids in the detection of misidentified, cross-contaminated, or genetically drifted cells, which invalidate research results.
ATCC offers complete cell line authentication service utilizing Short Tandem Repeat (STR) profiling. STR profiling aids in the detection of misidentified, cross-contaminated, or genetically drifted cells, which invalidate research results. STR profiling is a rapid, reproducible, and standardized PCR-based method for the authentication of human cell lines. ATCC’s STR report meets requirements for funding, publication, and quality control. International service request, please contact ATCC directly by Email: STRtesting@atcc.org OR Phone: 1-703-365-2700 select Option #3.
- ATCC trained experts amplify 17 STR loci plus Amelogenin using Promega’s PowerPlex® 18D System.
- A comprehensive analysis interprets both karyotypically normal and abnormal cell lines.
- A no-fuss sample mailer packet is provided with which cells are spotted onto paper and mailed to ATCC using the pre-addressed envelope.
3 Easy Steps
- Place an order by clicking the “submit” button
- Receive the sample mailer packet in the mail
- Spot cells onto paper and mail them back to ATCC
Results are emailed within 5 business days after ATCC receives the sample packet.
- An easy-to-understand STR allele table, see the Sample Profile
- Electropherograms supporting the allele calls at each locus
- Known reference profiling against the ATCC STR database
- Comprehensive interpretation of your results