Cell Authentication Testing Service
ATCC and Promega
- STR profiling at 17 loci plus Amelogenin using proven Promega PowerPlex® technology
- Comprehensive analysis of your human cell lines by ATCC experts trained to interpret both karyotypically normal and abnormal cell lines
- Genotyping results and analysis emailed within 5 business days
ATCC has partnered with industry-leader Promega® to offer an unparalleled STR testing service. Take advantage of ATCC's depth and breadth of experience with STR profiling and Promega's proprietary PowerPlex® technology.
Short Tandem Repeat (STR) profiling is a rapid, reproducible and standardized PCR-based method for the authentication of human cell lines.
In 2012, ANSI Standard (ASN-0002), Authentication of Human Cell Lines: Standardization of STR Profiling was published by the ATCC Standards Development Organization in collaboration with leading cell biologists from around the world detailing recommendations for the use of STR profiling in authenticating human cell lines.
Cell Authentication Matters
- Misidentified cell lines leads to invalidation of published results and lost time, money and effort
- Authentication of human cell lines is now recommended by NIH and many journals before grant approval and/or acceptance for publication.