4 to 8°C, protect from light
Airway Epithelial Cell Basal Medium is a sterile, phenol red-free, liquid tissue culture medium intended for use as one component in a complete ATCC® Primary Cell Solutions™ system. This serum-free system is designed to support airway epithelial cells derived from normal human lung. Airway Epithelial Cell Basal Medium contains essential and non-essential amino acids, vitamins, other organic compounds, trace minerals and inorganic salts. To support the proliferation and plating efficiency of various types of airway epithelial cells, Airway Cell Basal Medium must be supplemented with the appropriate cell-specific growth kit. When using this complete media system, the growth of airway epithelial cells is supported without the use of feeder layers, extracellular matrix proteins or other substrates.
- For airway epithelial cells derived from bronchial/tracheal tissue (e.g., Primary Bronchial/Tracheal Epithelial Cells, Normal, Human, ATCC PCS-300-010), supplement Airway Epithelial Cell Basal Medium with the Bronchial Epithelial Cell Growth Kit (ATCC PCS-300-040).
- For small airway epithelial cells (e.g., Primary Small Airway Epithelial Cells, Normal, Human, ATCC PCS-301-010), supplement Airway Epithelial Cell Basal Medium with the Small Airway Epithelial Cell Growth Kit (ATCC PCS-301-040).
- Optional media supplements:
- Gentamicin-Amphotericin B Solution (ATCC PCS-999-025)
- Penicillin-Streptomycin-Amphotericin B Solution (ATCC PCS-999-002)
- Phenol Red (ATCC PCS-999-001)