Complete Growth Medium
- Take the vial from storage and thaw. Mix well or vortex briefly to make sure the solution is homogenous.
- Using aseptic technique and working in a laminar flow hood or biosafety cabinet, transfer the appropriate volume of the antibiotic/antimycotic solution to complete media.
- Dilute 1:1000 when using to supplement complete media; i.e., 0.5 mL of Gentamicin-Amphotericin B Solution per 500 mL of complete cell-specific media.
- Dilute 1:100 when using during cell isolation procedures; i.e., 0.5 mL of Gentamicin-Amphotericin B Solution per 50 mL of complete cell-specific media.
- Tightly cap the bottle (or other flask) of supplemented growth medium and swirl the contents gently to assure a homogeneous solution. Do not shake forcefully to avoid foaming. Label and date the flask.
- Fully supplemented media should be stored in the dark at 2°C to 8°C (do not freeze). When stored under these conditions, fully supplemented media is stable for one month.