General Collection - Deposit Inquiry
ATCC welcomes the contribution of research materials to our international resource for scientists.
ATCC is a private, nonprofit biological resource center (BRC) and research organization that holds contributions of research materials that are assets to the scientific community.
Maximum flexibility in granting ownership
and distribution rights
With our worldwide distribution network and logistics, ATCC will distribute deposited material to our customers for research use. Commercial-use rights are granted, at your option.
In exchange for your important contribution, each year, you will receive an ongoing royalty stream from catalog sales once a minimum threshold of revenue is met.
In the event you wish to make additional deposits, then ATCC’s deposit agreement can be easily amended. This way, there is no need to re-negotiate the terms for future deposits.
Through our rigorous authentication, testing and production processes, your deposits will be guaranteed to exhibit the genotypic and functional characteristics of the original, ensuring consistency of results.
Make It Happen
To inquire about depositing materials into the ATCC General Collection, please follow these steps:
- Contact the Central Accessioning Unit (CAU).
To determine eligibility, you will be asked to provide basic information about the material.
- A CAU representative will contact you following the review of your deposit request, and he/she will provide you with two forms:
Deposit Description Form. The purpose of this form is to provide the ATCC collection scientist with relevant scientific/background information on the material. In most cases, this form is completed by the depositing institution’s principal investigator.
Material Deposit Agreement. This agreement governs the rights and obligations of the depositing institution and ATCC with respect to deposited material. The principal investigator is to sign this agreement. However, a duly authorized representative is also required to execute this agreement. This is normally handled by the depositing institution’s tech transfer (or similar) office.
- Complete and return the forms to ATCC, as follows:
Deposit Description Form. Once completed, please return this form (and any supplemental documents) to the assigned ATCC collection scientist.
Material Deposit Agreement. Once signed by the principal investigator and a duly authorized representative of the depositing institution, please mail or email the document to:
American Type Culture Collection (ATCC)
Attn: Office of Corporate Development
10801 University Boulevard
Manassas, VA 20110-2209 USA
- Upon final acceptance of the Material Deposit Agreement, ATCC’s Office of Corporate Development will provide copies of the fully executed agreement to the depositing institution’s tech transfer (or applicable) office, to the assigned ATCC collection scientist, and to the principal investigator.
- The CAU representative will contact the principal investigator with shipping instructions. Please note: depositors are ultimately responsible for the shipment of deposits to the ATCC and compliance with all applicable government regulations for the packaging and movement of the material.
To deposit materials related to a patent, please contact our Patent Depository for the appropriate forms.