Safe Deposit Services
Our safe deposit services are consistent with ATCC's practices for handling and storage of materials entrusted to ATCC since its founding in 1925.
Standard Safe Deposits and cGMP Safe Deposits
Both the cGMP safe deposit and the standard safe deposit services offer secure, confidential storage of valuable materials.
- Our facility is specially designed for large-capacity storage of cell lines, microorganisms, and other biological materials.
- ATCC has a long history of safe, trouble-free operation in storing biological materials.
- All materials are stored in liquid nitrogen tanks equipped with monitoring systems and 24-hour surveillance to safeguard stored material.
- All rights to cultures remain with the depositor.
- All information concerning deposited material is retained in confidence.
- Culture material is available only to the depositor or an individual designated in writing by the depositor.
Optional Special Services
- One vial of each culture can be returned to the depositor for analysis after a one-week storage period to ensure viability of material received.
- Safe deposit material can be distributed to the depositor or designated individual(s).
Enhanced features for cGMP safe deposits
- Dedicated and validated liquid nitrogen tank with access restricted to cGMP-trained staff with QA oversight.
- Tracking labels for your shipment to ensure segregation of cGMP materials immediately upon receipt at ATCC.
- Separate storage boxes for each cell bank or multiple banks in one box (depositor's option). Only one customer per storage box.
- Direct QA supervision of all tank entry and retrieval activities.
- Dedicated and trained staff.
Please contact ATCC Safe Depository at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-638-6597.