The depositor is ultimately responsible for the shipment of deposit material to ATCC which includes compliance with all applicable government regulations for the packaging and movement of the material. Delivery must be made directly to ATCC; we will not retrieve shipments from airports. Do not ship deposit material prior to shipment authorization by ATCC.
- To ensure your material arrives safely and is handled appropriately, the following guidelines should be followed:
- When packaging vials, put all similarly labeled vials together in the package.
- The material should be clearly labeled and identified.
- The designation on the vial labels must agree with the strain designation that is listed on the deposit form.
- When shipping cryopreserved material, use sufficient dry ice in an insulated shipping container to ensure the material’s viability is not compromised during movement, taking into account any delays in transit.