Human Cell Authentication Testing Service
STR profiling aids in the detection of misidentified, cross-contaminated, or genetically drifted cells, which invalidate research results.
ATCC offers complete cell line authentication services utilizing Short Tandem Repeat (STR) profiling. STR profiling helps to detect misidentified, cross-contaminated, or genetically drifted cells, which invalidate research results. STR profiling is rapid, reproducible, and uses a standardized PCR-based method for the authentication of human cell lines. ATCC’s STR report meets all requirements for funding, publication, and quality control.
Standard Human STR Testing Service – Service Description:
- We perform PCR assay and create an STR profile for your human cell line and compare it with our human cell line database.
- We develop a profile comparison report for your cell line in a PDF format and send it you through email.
Deliverable Reports Comprise of the following:
- An easy-to-understand STR allele table (see the Sample Profile)
- Electropherograms supporting the allele calls at each locus
- Known reference profiling against the ATCC STR Database
3 Easy Steps:
- Place an order by selecting one of the service options below.
- Receive the sample mailer packet in the mail.
- Spot cells onto the paper and mail them back to us.
Results will be delivered in a PDF format.
Watch the STR Profiling Cell Authentication Service Process Video
Order FTA Collection Kits/Service:
||FTA Sample Collection Kit for Human Cell Authentication Service
||Save 5% — Order a Set of 5 FTA Sample Collection Kits for Human Cell Authentication Service
||Save 10% — Order a Set of 10 FTA Sample Collection Kits for Human Cell Authentication Service
||Save 20% — Order a Set of 20 FTA Sample Collection Kits for Human Cell Authentication Service
* Please keep in mind that cell line authenticity is tested by comparing sample cell lines’ STR profile with ATCC’s human cell line database. If your cell line is unique, and originates from sources other than ATCC, we can still create STR profiles and compare them with ATCC STR Database. However, we will not be able to prove those cell lines are authentic or not.